A Name You Know. Legal Expertise You Trust.
Joel E. Harvey
- Municipal Law
- Personal Injury
- Commercial and Corporate Law
- School Law
- Real Estate
Joel is the City Attorney for the City of New Castle, Indiana and also serves as counsel to other local governmental entities, school corporations and non-profit corporations. He provides day to day advice to his clients on a broad range of matters and routinely represents governmental units, business and individuals in litigation. In addition, he has assisted clients in the sale and acquisition of businesses and business assets and real estate.
Joel is a member of the Henry County Humane Society Board of Directors and the Board of Directors of the Big Blue River Conservancy District. He has previously served on the Board of Directors of the Henry County Memorial Hospital Foundation and the New Castle Henry County Chamber of Commerce.
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Moot Court
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana
- Major: Speech
- Indiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2002
- Knightstown Banner, LLC v. Town of Knightstown, 889 N.E. 2d 317, 2008, Ind. Ct. App.
- R & R Real Estate Co., LLC v. C & N Armstrong Farms, Ltd.,, 854 N.E. 2d 365, 2006, Ind. Ct. App.
- Knightstown Banner, LLC v. Town of Knightstown, 832 N.E. 2d 270, 2008, Ind. Ct. App.
- Roy Bayer Trust v. Red Husky, LLC, 13 N.E.3d 415, 2014, Ind. Ct. App.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings, LLC v. Laureate Realty Services, Inc., WL 2904591 , 2007, S.D. Ind.
- Boston Bever Klinge Cross & Chidester, Associate, 2002 to 2004
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Delta Theta
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Henry County Bar Association